Statistics about Abortions in America
Abortion Statistics in USA
Many Christians believe that abortion is wrong, because of their belief that the act of abortion is murdering an unborn baby. While people argue the point of conception and the viability of a fetus, there is no doubt that the Bible does condemn the taking of another person’s life. Thus, the question of whether or not abortion is wrong depends on whether or not you believe aborting a fetus is murder. Abortion Statistics show that many do not believe that abortion is wrong and we can see this in the following abortion statistics:
- Nearly half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended, and about four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion.
- Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies end in abortion. This percentage is not including miscarriages which are spontaneous.
- 40% among white women, 67% among blacks and 53% among Hispanics are unintended pregnancies.
- Each year, two percent of women aged 15–44 have an abortion. Half have had at least one previous abortion. At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.
- 18% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%.
The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.
Statistics Abortion Pro Choice
The abortion controversy has polarized Americans like no other national issue. The divisions cut across regional, ethnic, and religious lines, and are evident at the personal, political, and ecclesiastical levels. At times even women who defend their right to an abortion, and have had one, display deeply ambivalent feelings on the subject. Pro-Choice Abortion statistics show the staggering abortion rates among women of all ages, races and social status.
- Women in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25–29 obtain 24%.
- Non-Hispanic white women account for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and women of other races for 9%.
- Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.
- Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions.
- About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.
- Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).
- Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level.
These are staggering statistics and many belive that education can prevent this from happening but the current moral attitude in the world now is breaking down and no amount of education can counter what is being taught in the home.
Abortion Statistics in USA bring you these Bible versesRevelation 1:11-15
11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
Return HOME Page Against Abortion